Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Entering the Dog Days of Summer

It's been some time since I posted. Last time we were just entering spring (which took a long time to come to Idaho.) Now we're entering the dog days of summer. Only 1 month til the human kids go back to school (they're at camp now so it's pretty quiet around here). I've been up to my old tricks but, knock on wood, haven't visited our friendly vet in several months. (Not that I mind...I always get lots of treats and there are always lots of people for me to share my love with!)

Today I did find a yummy treat in the back yard. Seems my human dad buried a dead bird in the yard a few months ago. It took some digging but I was able to exhume it and then promptly ate it. So, my human mom did a google search about dogs eating dead birds and well, no visit to the vet. Of course, she'll keep a close watch on me to make sure I don't get sick or something. But, I've eaten stranger things (remember the sock incident?). So, we'll keep our fingers crossed!

It's been hot too. I love to go for walk but since I have a short snout, have trouble cooling myself. Short walks are best and I love it when they bring water along. My other favorite summer time activity is chasing the water that comes out of the hose. It's especially fun when my human mom waters the plants. I just love to drink as much as I can.

Well, off to cool myself. Hope you're having fun this summer and staying out of trouble. I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment